PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, personal or business contact information such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Registration data, such as information that you provide to register for an account or sign up for an event, including the day and month of your birth and the event you registered for.
- Data about othersfor whom you purchase an item or gift, such as name, delivery address and phone number. Please do not purchase a gift for someone or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us and your interests and preferences.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise correspond with us,
- Marketing data, such as the email address or contact details that we use to send marketing communications and your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Purchase data, including your order history and information needed to process and fulfill your order, including order details, billing address, and delivery address.
Data from other sources.
We may also collect information about you from:
- Business partners, such as advertising and joint marketing partners.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as blogs, forums, or social media platforms.
Information we obtain from third party platforms. If you choose to login to the Sites via a third-party platform, such as Google or Facebook, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to your account through the Sites, we may collect information from that platform or network. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform or network, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address. You can read more about your privacy choices in the “Your Choices” section.
Automatic collection. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity occurring on or through the Sites, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing our site, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Referrals. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you are an existing user, you may only submit a referral if you have permission to provide their contact information to us so that we may contact them.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service delivery. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate, and improve the Service, such as to enable you to make purchases of items that we have listed on the Site.
- establish and maintain your account on the Service.
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- provide customer support and maintenance for the Service.
- facilitate your login to the Sites via third party platforms, such as Google and Facebook; and
- enable security features of the Sites, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in.
Direct Marketing. We may use your personal information to send you Just Jamo related marketing communications as permitted by law.
For research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data records from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
To comply with laws and regulations. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyber-attacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as order fulfillment, shipping, payment processing, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management services, returns processing and risk and fraud mitigation).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
Third party platforms. Social media and other third-party platforms that you connect to the Service, such as when you use options to access the Service by logging into a social media platform. Please note, we do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
The public. Other users of the Service and the public when you disclose personal information for public use. For instance, you may be able review a product that you purchased, and we will display your name along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users, or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with law or for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business transferees. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or update your account information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Choosing not to share your personal information. If you do not provide information that we need to provide the Service, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or certain features. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service when we request it.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you choose to create an account through or connect the Service with another third-party platform, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you log in to the Service using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. You may also be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service after you have connected your accounts.
OTHER SITES, MOBILE APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
The Sites may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We maintain current technical measures to ensure data security protection, mostly to protect your personal data against risks during transmission and against third-party access. These measures will be updated according to the latest technical developments.
It is our policy and value to be fair and proportionate when considering the actions to be taken to inform affected parties regarding breaches of personal data. In line with the GDPR, where a breach is known to have occurred which is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, the relevant Data Protection Authority (DPA) will be informed within 72 hours.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Just Jamo is headquartered in Finland and may have service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the Finland or other locations outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Transfers of personal data outside the country must be carefully reviewed prior to the transfer taking place. This depends partly on the adequacy of the safeguards for personal data applicable in the receiving country and this may change over time.
International data transfers must be subject to legally binding agreements referred to as Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) which provide enforceable rights for data subject
The Service is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect information about children under age 16 through the Service. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
We think it is important that you are able to control your personal information. According to relevant regulation, you have a following rights:
- Right to Access
You have a right to obtain, from Just Jamo , confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed as well as access to the respective data. Including the issuance copy.
- b) Right to Rectification
You have a right to obtain from Just Jamo , without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data including the right to complete incomplete data.
- c) Right to Erasure
You have a right to obtain from Just Jamo the erasure of your personal data without undue delay, if there is an issue with the underlying legality of the data processing.
- d) Right to be forgotten
You have the right to obtain from the Just Jamo the erasure of personal data without undue delay and Just Jamo shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where applicable in accordance to the Article 17 GDPR.
- e) Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from Just Jamo restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- Accuracy of data is objected to by data subject.
- Unlawful processing and data subject objects erasure of data and requests restriction instead.
- Data no longer necessary for the purpose but required by data subject to the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Objection to further processing, pending verification of legitimate grounds to override those of data subject.
- f) Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the Just Jamo to which the personal data have been provided.
- g) Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing your personal data at any time on the following address: [email protected]
- h) Right against automated decision
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to [email protected]
We may also use web beacons (which are also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) on our Site and in our HTML formatted emails to track the actions of users on our Sites and interactions with our emails. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages or within HTML formatted emails. Pixel tags are used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of the Sites, so that we can manage our content more effectively.
Like many companies online, we use services provided by Google, Facebook and other companies that use tracking technology. Your choices for opting out of these companies’ use of your personal information for interest-based advertising include:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online, but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Information about the cookies we use may be updated from time to time, so please check back on a regular basis for any changes.